Nexium 20mg tablets give you relief for up to 24 hours from symptoms associated with gastro-oesophageal reflux like; heartburn, acid reflux. These tablets need to be taken only once a day and they provide effective lasting relief.
Always read the label and follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
How many: 1 tablet.
How often: 1 tablet daily for at least 7 days and up to 14 days.
Maximum: 14 day treatment.
When to stop:
- Do not take for more than 14 days unless directed by a doctor.
- If symptoms persist or worsen, stop use and see your doctor."
Do not use:
- for children under 18 years of age.
- if allergic to esomeprazole.
- if blister foil is broken.
- if allergic to any other proton pump inhibitor (omeprazole, rabeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole).
- if you are taking antiretroviral medicines, such as atazanavir.
- if you are taking cilostazol a medicine used to treat pain and/or cramping in the lower leg (or arms) due to inadequate blood flow to the muscles.
- if you are breastfeeding or intend to breastfeed.
- if the expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
Ask your pharmacist or doctor before use if you:
- are pregnant or intend to become pregnant.
- have or ever have had serious liver disease.
- are taking digoxin (a medicine used to treat heart problems).
- are taking ketoconazole (a medicine used to treat fungal infections).
- are taking clopidogrel or warfarin (medicines used to stop the blood clotting)."