Directions: If you smoke under 20 cigarettes per day:
Stop smoking and start with Nicotinell Patch Step 2 (14 mg) for 6-8 weeks.
If you are stepping down from Nicotinell Step 1:
Move to Nicotinell Patch Step 2 (14 mg) for 3-4 weeks.
How do I wear Nicotinell Patches?
1. Take the patch out of the packet and remove any additional protection from the patch.
2. Immediately apply the patch to a washed and cleaned area of hairless and dry skin that is free from creams and lotions (including sunscreen or insect repellent). The upper arm, chest, abdomen or hip can be good spots.
3. Press the patch down firmly for 10–20 seconds with the palm of your hand. Then run your fingers around the edge, pressing firmly so it sticks.
DO NOT: check if it has stuck by lifting the edge as this may make it come loose.
4. After 24 hours, remove the patch and apply a new one on a new area of skin.
DO NOT: apply a new patch to an area of skin you have previously used for at least 7 days.
NICOTINELL NICOTINE PATCH + GUM OR LOZENGE in Combination
Nicotinell Patches provide a controlled dose of nicotine throughout the day, however when the cravings hit hard, you may need an extra dose of nicotine. For a fast craving hit, try adding Nicotinell Gum 2 mg, or for something longer lasting, combine Nicotinell Patches with Nicotinell Lozenges 2 mg.
You can combine Nicotinell Patches 21 mg with Nicotinell Gum 2 mg or Nicotinell Lozenges 2 mg.
How do i use the combination of nicotine patch + gum or lozenge?
Use each product as directed for 12 weeks.
After 12 weeks, you should wean yourself off nicotine replacement therapy. There are two options:
1. Stop the patch and gradually reduce the gum or lozenge until they are no longer needed.
2. Continue using the same number of pieces of gum or lozenge and reduce to the Step 2 patch for 3-4 weeks. Then use the Step 3 patch for 3-4 weeks. When the patch is no longer needed gradually reduce the number of pieces of gum or lozenge until you no longer need them.
Note: Nicotinell Gum 4 mg or Nicotinell Lozenges 4 mg should NOT be used with Nicotinell Patches.
Ingredients: Nicotine 35mg/patch (14mg /24 hours)